Thursday, April 5, 2012

Andrew's Return?

Within the last few days my life has been turned upside down by one text message.

"Sorry for bringing it up now but I feel like I've lost the only person I have actually loved and that you wouldn't want to try again.  It's understandable why, but it kills me that I messed things up.  I'm sorry for spoiling things between us."

It was from my ex boyfriend Andrew, the text most girls dream of getting from the man they love.  My reply?  Well, I haven't really gotten that far yet.  I got the text this morning and after a girls luncheon with Ariel and Cheryl I still don't know what to do.

Andrew and I have always been good together.  We get eachother physically, sexually, and intelluctually we check all the boxes for eachother.  The problem is we've now broken up twice after 2 years together and I've got to say it's been incredibly painful both times.  Our first go round I was going to school at UT and he was going to Austin Community College dating this girl I thought he was too good looking for.  We met one night at a bar after being introduced by some mutual friends.  After talking the whole evening we discovered we had both gone to high school in McKinney a Dallas suburb more than 200 miles North.  What were the odds?

Maybe it was meant to be, maybe he really is my soulmate.  He's fine with my views on never getting married or having children.  I fell hard for the guy and he fell just as hard for me.  I think the other thing that makes my decision of what to say so hard is the fact that we had sex about two weeks ago. As good as it was, I instantly regretted it.  Within a few days, come to find out he's dating this girl he had been friends with when we were together and even though he claimed the relationship was basically over by the time we hooked up, I still felt dumb for giving in to temptation.

Ariel and Cheryl both think that I should reach back out to him and play things by ear, but they may not be the best people to ask about relationship advice.  Ariel is living with her boyfriend who she is supporting while he goes out and gets himself in trouble constantly.  She's about to be evicted from her apartment because of this guy and it's also affecting her job, a lot of our fellow bartenders have been pleading for her to be demoted because she winds up missing half of her shifts to babysit her boyfriend.  Cheryl on the other hand has gotten back with her ex boyfriend, Ashley a grand total of 3 times now and every single time she has caught him cheating on her with another girl, not really the best person to take ex advice from.

I've been weighing the pros and cons all day, but I think the biggest thing that's getting to me is the fact that I've been talking to 3 or 4 guys not seriously, just flirty text messages and hanging out at a local bar.  After I got Andrew's text I couldn't bring myself to text any of them back and they all texted me today.  Even though we're not together, it still feels like I'm cheating on him.  I haven't decided if this is a good or bad thing yet.  Guess we'll find out soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment